Sunday, December 11, 2011

Baby Shower #1

I've had one baby shower so far in this pregnancy adventure and it was rather awesome.  It started out Friday night when Joy got to town and we went down to the beach house in Myrtle Beach.  We had dinner at Liberty and caught up on everything from work, life, relationships, pregnancy, and her impending trip to Australia (She's there now)!  We got back to the house and fell asleep talking in the living room.  Saturday morning, I woke up to this.....


and was reminded why I love this house so much. I had to work so I scooted off to the gym, leaving Joy by herself to deal with my dogs and helping Lauren & Beth set up the baby shower.  They got to the beach house around 10 or 10:30 and when I showed up close to 1:00pm, the house looked amazing and all the little details of my boy's first baby shower were enough to make David say "Awwww."  He wasn't there for the shower but did see them later.  It was a bow-tie themed shower and it was so precious.  They had bow ties on all the mason jars for drinks, garland with onesies that had bow ties on them, a bow tie cake, to-go goodies and more.  





When present time rolled around, I wasn't really sure what to do with myself.  Do I pass the gifts around (I mean, Desitin is something you have to see up close).....do I get up and personally hug each person at the moment??  Either way, Liza helped me just roll with it by handing me gifts to open and sometimes getting in on the action herself.  It is so much fun seeing it through a kid's eyes anyways, that having her help was great.  I got a lot of great things and got to spend time with a lot of good friends and family.  







L to R:  Bekah Wallace, Elizabeth Vinson, Katie Lomax, Shannon O'Dea, Suzanne Griffin, Yours Truly, Lauren Heuber, Joy Doner and Jackson (totally uninterested in the camera).  


Same picture here except Suz took the camera so my mom could get in the picture.  Also at the shower were Soo Soo, Jen, Liza & Julia.  It was such a nice afternoon.  After the shower, Lauren, Beth, Joy and I went to Market Commons to poke around then came back to the beach house to get ready for dinner at Aspen Grille.  David and my mom joined us and as usual, AG did not disappoint.  We ordered a lot of appetizers and either got salad or soup to accompany it or a glass of wine (not me) to wash it down.  It was delish.  

I can't thank Klug & Beth enough (Lauren & Elizabeth for those that aren't familiar with my quick name change.....writing the latter is almost harder than me saying it) for their time and energy that they put into this precious baby shower.  I'm so lucky to have such wonderful people around me and soon to be around this baby.  Can't wait for Lil Fort to meet these gals!

No comments: