Thursday, October 30, 2008

Old Friends & Oysters

Last saturday I had one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time. David and I don't go out much but last Saturday when we decided to go over to Sunset Beach for an oyster roast at the Wallace's house, we had no clue what we were in for. I've known the Wallace's for YEARS.....I'm thinking close to 15+. I did gymnastics with Lindsay from the time I was 8 or 9 and actually graduated (and was good friends with) her older brother Aaron (we called him Opie). There is another older brother Shane who I didn't hang out during school but have hung out with him since moving to the beach. All of them are awesome and just plain crazy and I love it. Anyways, they have a beach house at Sunset and its the perfect party pad. Their granddad (Papa) was there and he's the only person who has successfully called me "Becky" for as long as I've known him. No one else does....just Wint. Anyways, after some seriously good oysters, we piled up and went to Victoria's and as Lindsay put it, added a little class to the clientele. Well, we tried to at least. Perhaps by the end of the night we werent adding much of anything, but it was an incredibly fun night. Laughing as hard as I laughed that night is extremely therapeutic and good for me. It was also nice meeting the new friends......Britt, Ashley, Casey, Chad & the neighbors. Good food, good people, good times.









No comments: