Sunday, November 6, 2011

Family & Football

This weekend I trucked it back to the Pines Friday night....mainly to avoid having to drive straight to Raleigh Saturday morning by myself since David and I were going separate to the game.  I got to hang out with mom Friday night and sleep in a little bit Saturday morning before grabbing breakfast at Mac's and hitting the road to Raleigh.  I met David and we consolidated vehicles to head to Carter Finley for the UNC v. NCSU football game.  The game was less than desirable for me and more than David could have asked for.  Gotta love the divided house!  Thankfully we hung out with another couple who were quite divided....so I wasn't the only odd ball in the crowd.  UNC didn't play well and it was a bummer.....but we had a good time and it was nice to use the tickets that we pay for every year, but rarely get to use.  After the game, David started heading towards Ohio to hunt all week and I scooted back to Southern Pines to meet my parents, and my mom's cousins for dinner.  I haven't seen Rose or Jane in a LONG time and we had so much fun catching up.  Of course we went to Vito's because that is just what you do when you want to go out to eat.  It was as good as ever!  Jane (daughter) brought Rose (mother) to town for a reunion and made time to see family and friends while in town.  We laughed, told stories, looked at pictures, and just really enjoyed each other's company.  Sunday I woke up at the crack of dawn (literally) with the time change and hung out in Southern Pines until dinner.  The dogs and I drove back to the beach Sunday night, narrowly missing a deer standing in the middle of the road and catching up with Scott.....an old college friend that I haven't talked to in 10+ years.  Great ending to a great weekend!  Back to the grind tomorrow.....

Two divided houses....

Ellen & Courtney sandwich....an NC State gymnast and a future NC State gymnast....love these girls!

Me, Jane, Mom, Rose & Dad

In baby news....this kid loves a football game.  Maybe he was pulling hard for the heels and just bouncing around the entire game or maybe he was dancing to the incredibly loud music playing in the stadium, but it was an active afternoon for the little guy.  I'll be 25 weeks along tomorrow.....I took the glucose test last week and hopefully all is well with that.  The nursery is coming along and the crib should be in soon.  I'm on the hunt for a twin mattress/boxspring to replace the bigger bed that was once in that room.  Darn small rooms.  So if anyone knows a place to get a good deal on one (I'm not trying to get anything fancy at all), let me know!  The name game is still just that.  My dad has thrown out some incredibly interesting names that will likely not be used but I do appreciate him trying to be helpful in this process.  David and I like a lot of the same names, but narrowing down what we want to be permanent is a difficult decision.  I'm sure we'll come up with something soon though!  Stay tuned....

No comments: